Thrush Green / Miss Read ; illustrated by J.S. Goodall.
- ISBN: 0618227598
- ISBN: 9780618227594
- Physical Description: x, 226 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.
- Edition: First Houghton Mifflin paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY Houghton Mifflin Co., 2002.
Publisher, publishing date and paging may vary.
Miss Read's charming chronicles of small-town life have achieved an almost legendary popularity worldwide by offering a welcome return to a gentler time and "wit, humor, and wisdom in equal measure" (Cleveland Plain Dealer). This volume introduces Thrush Green, the neighboring village to Fairacre: its blackthorn bushes, thatch-roofed cottages, enchanting landscape, and jumble sales. Readers will delight in a new cast of characters and also welcome familiar faces as they become immersed in the village's turn of events on one pivotal day -- May Day. Before the day is over, life and love and perhaps eternity will touch the immemorial peace of the village.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Thrush Green (Imaginary place) > Fiction.
Country life > Fiction.
England > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- 4 of 5 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Stone County.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.